Monday, March 3, 2008

Bird Nest


Kevin had doctor and dentist appointments so he was home early for 3 days (he gets off at 1pm on Fridays) last week. It was a great week having him around a lot. He found this bird nest while picking lemons from our sideyard yesterday after church. It's really a small nest - maybe 3-4 inches in diameter - it's easy to miss since it blends so well with the branch. It looks to me like the egg is ready to pop. We will check on it again in a few days.



Here are my current knitting projects. The cranberry project is the back of my 1st sweater. (the bottom is assymetrical - it will have a V neck and I am still looking for some nice edging for the neck/sleeves). This has taken a backseat to a blue/green baby blanket I am knitting for my nephew Leland and his wife Catherine. Their baby is due later this month. The blanket has seed stitch edges with knit/purl blocks. I've used a similar pattern for a blanket I gave to Ryanne for Christmas. Her baby is due this month too.

3 comments:

Kaylene said...

What a beautiful nest! My Kevin and I are so excited to find your blog!

Sandy said...

Do I have to have another baby to get one of your blankets? You do amazingly beautiful work! Love you

steele life said...

Hey, I saw that you put kevin's number, and as soon as I wrote it down, i deleted it. I didnt want it to fall into the wrong hands, ya know, i didnt want the whole world to see. So, i am excited to meet you guys, and stay there for a couple days. We will be spending easter together, will you do an easter egg hunt for us? just kiddin!