Sunday, March 16, 2008

Baby Blanket & Daisy Hat

Jack Faux was born this week so I finished his baby blanket on Friday. I also knitted an upside down daisy hat for his older sister, Lucy. It is so CUTE!! The pattern had 6 daisy petals but I decided to go with just 5. I am mailing them on Monday with Ticklet Me Elmo and Cookie Monster.

We missed church today (we also missed Sacrament meeting last week because we forgot to move our clock forward!) because Kevin stayed up late putting together our new DELL computer. It's loaded with bells & whistles (and freebies) so it should keep him occupied for awhile. Also we are going to my Auntie Nieva's home in Bonita (south of San Diego) for an early birthday celebration (I turn 51 tomorrow - yikes!) with my family.

10 comments:

Kaylene said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Those are beautiful projects! Both are very nice and I'm sure their family will appreciate them.

Peggy said...

Ellen!

We're younguns! I just turned 5_! What a wonderful time in our lives!!

Your cap is SOOOO sweet. You're something else.

Happy, Happy!

Love Peggy

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Ellen. 51 is just the beginning. I hope you enjoy your birthday.

If you have anytime would you make me an upside down Daisy hat too. That is the coolest hat ever. James has a pumpkin hat his mom made for him and I wear it all the time.

Love Ya!

Elizabeth

Sandy said...

You are so fun, Ellen. I hope you had a great birthday celebration with Kevin tonight. It was great talking to you today and I especially enjoy blogging with you.
Love, Sandy

The Thomas Family said...

Happy late birthday Ellen!! We hope you had a good one.

Once again I have to say you and Kevin have quite the charming life. Love all your fun projects!
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your rasberry hat! SOOOOOOOO CUTE!!

Sandy said...

Ellen, I love your music selection. Is it new or have I just been zoned out when I've read your blogs??
Also, I got yours and Kevin's gift for Penny's bday today. I think she'll really love it. You are so PERFECT. Thanks for everything, especially good music to listen to while I read and comment on your blogs.
Mostly, I love you guys!!!

Dave and Marie said...

Hi ya! Your weather looks fabulous! Whenever I see family getting together I get jealous ;) Congratulations on the job! It sounds fantastic, mostly the part that you are excited about it, oh the difference that makes. Plus, when we visit you'll have to teach me how to knit. I'm itching to know.

John's Blog said...

Holy MOLY! That's the cutest cap I've ever seen. If we have a girl in December could you make us on? lol. But serious, its the cutest little beanie.

John's Blog said...

Holy Moly! That's the cutest beanie I've ever seen. lol. We're having a baby in December and if its a girl, could we get you to make one of those for her? We'll find out in 2 days what it will be.

Mrs. Lisonbee said...

What talent! You really know how to knit! I enjoy seeing your pics of your yard, esp. all your beautiful flowers. BTW - I love plumeria, the smell, and delicate petals.