Sunday, February 10, 2008

More Trees!!


My friend Denise came by yesterday and we went to a couple of plant places. We got 3 new fruit trees: avocado, black fig and limes, 2 more water plants: Anemopsis Californica and Iris Black Gamecock, several perrenials: Gladiolas, Alliums, Ranunculus and Dahlias and some groundcovers: bright light green scotch moss and dark red bellis. We will be planting them in the backyard against the side wall where Sandy planted several irises the 1st year we moved to our home. I think I will plant the Alliums by the pond and the dahlias up the slope. I have 40 gladiola bulbs so maybe I'll plant some of those in the front yard as well. Kevin said he will dig the trench for me but I highly doubt I will actually end up planting all these (gloves and all!). Here's a photo of some of the flowers. I promise to take photos when these are planted and when they bloom so you can enjoy them with me!!

The highlight of our Saturday was a visit from my sister Christie and her husband Kurt. They live in Henderson NV. They took us to dinner at the Korea BBQ House in Irvine.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

You are truely amazing and I love you. I can't wait to see your flowers and trees. We might just have to make a trip down to take in all the sights.

Unknown said...

All the talk about gardening makes me want to a garden. Maybe some day. keep me posted on all the yummy fruits you get from your plants. Anytime you guys want to visit Hawaii I know of this great resort called the Roemhildt family apartment. =) You are always welcome.