Friday, February 8, 2008

Bareroot Fruit Trees

We planted these fruit (apple and plum) trees in our front yard today. They are semi-dwarf and my friend Denise chose them so they will definitely bear fruit. She is going to help me spray them. I don't know what that entails. She said I don't have to worry about it. Denise is trying to turn me on to gardening. I'm not sure how she'll be able to accomplish that since I really hate getting my hands dirty. I look forward to posting photos of these trees with apples and plums - hopefully in a few months.

Here's one of the slope in our backyard. It's not as colorful as I would like it to be. The iceplants are once again covering the upper part so I'm hoping we will see color soon. When the flowers of the iceplants bloom, the slope is filled with deep reds and pinks. We planted 2 magnolia trees 2-3 years ago but they don't seem to be growing. At least they are not dead. We planted bouganvillas hoping to have them drape the fence but they've died.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I love your backyard. I was telling someone about just today. I think of it as a piece of peace!
On the gardening thing ~ wear gloves and have fun in the dirt:-)