Monday, February 4, 2008

Malachi 3:10

You're probably wondering what my blog title has to do with this picture. If you are not familiar with this scripture, read it and be enlightened.

We've been living on one income since August when I quit my job and have been doing our best to live within a budget until Cooper got sick. My mom gave us $200 for Christmas so I thought I'd take it to pay for Cooper's vet visit. We left the vet with so much more than that in surgery and hospital bills and when we took Cooper home, there was a chance of another surgery should his pain persist (to remove the disc material the neurosurgeon failed to see). We also had a tithing settlement appointment on 12/31 and owed more than Cooper's bill to become full tithe payers. (When I took over the financials from Kevin late last year, I told him he had to continue being responsible for tithing because I relied on his faith completely as far as that was concerned.) We took Cooper home on 12/30 and skipped church the next day to watch over him except Kevin decided to go just before Priesthood ended. It was while Kevin was gone when I took Cooper out and for the first time, he landed on the ground without yelping and walked to the pond area slowly without wobbling. I watched him closely put his weak leg up to pee - to what seemed to me like forever - and I cried thinking he was going to be just fine. Kevin paid the rest of what we owed in tithe and we've been blessed instantly. Now back to the picture. We bought this brown area rug to keep Cooper from slipping/sliding when jumping on/off the furniture. I also got the really nice brown curtains (50% off from Pier 1!!) to put behind the bead curtains. It helps block the sun (making the living room dark which Kevin likes). Then Kevin bought an elliptical machine replacing the treadmill neither of us really used. Kevin seems really serious about losing weight and had heard so much about this machine from his sister Penny whose husband Dave apparently lost a lot of weight using it (and doing other things I'm sure). Kevin spent a lot of computer time researching which kind to buy and I'm just glad the ordeal of searching is over.

Finally, all yarns at Tall Mouse went on 30% off on Superbowl Sunday (yes, I went to the store on Sunday) and I got enough yarn (Cascade 220 Cranberry) for a sweater. I'm still researching which pattern to make. I currently have 2 knitting projects going - a throw for Kevin and this pink cabled scarf (my first cable project). I also have a matching multi-color skein for a nice brim hat to match (yes, a 3rd project to complete before I start on the sweater).

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Ellen, I love your blog!!! I'm so glad you told me about it. I've added it to my favorites right there with my kids. Ooops, Alisha just called and I have to run to the HS to pick her up. I'll write more later.
Love you guys!!!