Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Week 1

I've beem leaving home closer to 9am & am getting to work in 10-15 minutes. My cubicle is in the 2nd floor. There are 2 other marketing staff in addition to myself. We share the 2nd floor with Accounting. I got a 32" Vizio display monitor by Thursday and a new Dell notebook by Friday on my 1st week (I was using a loaner my 1st few days. They have several wireless networks available so people can work on their notebooks to meetings and I seem to be in meetings a good part of the day each day. So far everyone's been really nice & I am really enjoying my work & the company. I especially like my boss. He is very mellow and even keeled. I loved my previous boss but he was a little too hyperactive. My new boss seems really calm. To my amazement, very few execs have type A personalities and there is very little yelling/cussing. People also don't act important which was what I really disliked about people from my previous job.

Our irises are blooming like crazy!! I don't remember them being this beautiful! The fig tree and one of the wisterias are finally sprouting leaves!! I just love the snapdragons & bacopas. I think I will be planting those annuals more often/all over since they are just so lush, beautiful and easy to grow in the spring.


The weather was nice last Saturday (last weekend was HOT!) for us to plant in our front yard. We planted carnations, delphiniums & some groundcovers. The fruit trees in the front yard are not doing as well as those in the back but Kevin fixed the sprinklers so hopefully they'll catch up.

Kevin & I were called to be Ward Family History consultants. Kevin is especially excited about this calling. We missed church again last Sunday and also Rob's birthday dinner. Linda, Ryanne and her boys dropped by Saturday afternoon on their way home from visiting Jenn but Kevin wasn't home. He was out buying some stuff for the sprinklers or the pond or something. He stayed home again Monday but was feeling much better today so he went back to work.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

When are you going to come up and help me with my flowers? It's getting warmer. It was almost 50* today. They're calling for snow tomorrow but sun by Sunday. I guess you could wait a couple of weeks till it reaches 60* anyway
:-(

steele life said...

Hey your flowers look great! You know how to take great care of your yard! We need to come visit you now that i can walk!!

Jenni said...

Hey this is Jenni - Will's wife. I just wanted to tell you that I keep dreaming about your backyard and pool. Those couple of days we spent at your house last summer.....were so nice. I keep dreaming of laying next to your pool, petting your dogs, and enjoying the sunshine and palm trees. Ahhhhhhhhhh.

steele life said...

hey, where did aunt ellen go?? cant wait to see you guys for the reunion!!!