Saturday, October 18, 2008

Work

This is my new cubicle at work. I moved from upstairs to the main floor. The main floor is really a warehouse with workspaces and some cubicles. I am not inside the maze (I got lost in it the first time) but outside of it. I got first choice on this location since I have tenure (I've only been there less than 6 months!) over others in our group who moved downstairs. Our group is called Core Product and I am part of Business Planning. With Core Product are Partnership Management and Product Management. Within Business Planning is forecasting and business analysis. The new business analyst starts on Monday & the 2 partner managers started around 2 weeks ago or so. Product Management have always been downstairs but they also have a new Sr. Product Manager who started last week. So far I'm liking being downstairs. I don't have to deal with the stairs anymore and I am so close to the kitchen (not good for my health!!!). Going back to the maze - the maze starts behind my cubicle. There is an entrance to the maze from the workspaces to my left and to my right. To my right is the corner kitchen and a workout room. What I don't like about being downstairs (so far) is the restroom. Since it services more people, the restroom cubicles are very small & it is messier.

I have several loads of laundry to do and I need to go to the store to get new pots to re-pot my strawberry and fuschia plants. The patio table holding my potted plants on the kitchen side toppled over last week with the strong Santa Ana winds. My red plumeria plant/stump was uprooted when the pot fell over so I stuck it in the dirt again. It broke the first time about a month or so ago. I hope it survives.
Kevin is working today (Saturday) as they have to have full staff available to prepare for Toy Fair. I don't miss toyfair at all.

4 comments:

Peggy said...

Ellen! It's so good to get a "view" of your workplace. It sounds like your workload is more balanced then when we were visiting!

And oh I do hope your plumeria is doing well! Your transplant was doing so much better in Calif. than mine in Utah!

Sandy said...

It's so good to see another blog from you. I've missed you but then I've missed blogging as much, myself. Take care!!Love, Sandy

Mrs. Lisonbee said...

Ellen, reading your blog and looking at your pics makes the miles disappear and I'm right back sitting with you in your home.

Looking forward to seeing more of your pots and tropical plants.

I love you, sweet sister! Margie

Kaylene said...

Ellen where'd you go? How you doing?